1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is it necessary for the screw locks on the Warwick Thumb saddles be locked?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by triggervision, Mar 13, 2008.

1. triggervision

triggervision

May 24, 2006
    Those annoying little allen screws that lock in the saddle is what I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure I've stripped the d and g string ones and now they won't tighten. Funny thing is though, I think the d string has been stripped for a while but I'm not positive. Is it necessary these be locked?

Thanks.

2. stabbicus

stabbicus

Jan 18, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    I believe the string tension will hold it in place, but you should contact Dana B. Goods about getting a replacement. Even though the string will hold it in place, you risk the (slim) possibility of if you dig in too deep, the saddle will shift, etc. Get in touch with Tyler at Dana B. He's a great guy, and I recently got him to ship me a new set of intonation screws.

3. triggervision

triggervision

May 24, 2006
    I just sent a guy named Boomer on DBG website a message. I didn't see an email for a "Tyler". Hopefully he'll take care of me though.

Do you know anything about the actual replacing process of one of these things.

4. stabbicus

stabbicus

Jan 18, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    I would call the guys at Dana B. You'll get the best response that way. You unlock them, pull them out, put new ones in, and lock it down.