Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is it possible for the output jack to cause...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MistaMarko, Feb 19, 2006.


  1. MistaMarko

    MistaMarko www.markmichell.com

    Feb 3, 2006
    Shreveport, LA
    Endorsements: Warwick Basses, Warwick Amps, EMG Pickups, Dunlop Strings
    As some people around here have heard, I've been dwelling on the problem that my pickups die to fast, etc. I was wondering..is it possible for my output jack thing to be too tight, or my wire placed wrong, to where the wire that detects the cable coming in is touching something metal, thus causing it to constantly feed battery life 24/7? Is this a common problem? Because I've looked at my preamp, and all the wires are attached to it..none of them are mangled or cut or anything...there all nicely bundled up and attached to my pre-amp.
     
  2. 62bass

    62bass

    Apr 3, 2005
    It is possible for a bad output jack to stay in the "on" position with the cord removed, draining the battery quickly. Also, a short in the wiring could cause it. Sometimes these things are hard to see by eye. Have the jack and electronics checked by a tech.