1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

is it possible to get a warm/round 60's tone out of a GK 400RB III?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ripper75, Mar 17, 2010.

1. tight on cash and got one of these Gk 400rbIII amps (looks more like a dvd player than an amp) i'm matching it with a Hartke 115 and i'm playing a jay turser 401 tele bass. again, low on cash and gotta go with this practice rig for now...just wondering if anyone has suggestion on amp settings for this 60's psych garage rock band i'm doing now? i need a big round/warm full sound similar to what you might get from a hollowbody through an old ampeg tube amp...(yea i wish) think the animals and rolling stones... thanks

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Gain maybe 9 to 10:00, Contour up to taste, Presence off, EQ flat (pointers @ noon) Boost noon, Master Vol up to required volume ... work the contour and Boost until you are in the neighborhood, use the EQ to further adjust... Input gain can vary a bunch bass to bass so spend a little time on the balance between that and hte Master Volume ...

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020