1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

is it possible to get out of the dreaded "friend zone"?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jonathan_matos5, Aug 14, 2007.

1. There is this chick that I've known since way back. Anyway she went away for college and has now graduated and returned to town and it seems as though things are different now but in a good way for me. since I've always had a crush on her it brings up the question stated in the title.:)

Sorry I have no way of proving she exist:ninja:

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Just ask her for an oral favor and if she says no then tell her that you'll give her one free of charge. That's the best ice breaker.

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    You will be out of the friend zone in a heartbeat.

Some females actually have considered dating guys that are in the friend zone, but if the guy didn't make the first move fast enough they think no interest is there.

Break the ice by simply asking over a quiet "friendly" dinner somewhere is she had ever considered dating you. It may be awkward for a week if she says no but it at least gets it off your chest.

4. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    and into the restraining order zone.

5. but we are meant to be together :bag:

:D

6. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Just be straight up dude. Say "hey, I don't want to be your friend. I want to get naked and sweaty and have crazy monkey sex with you."

See if that works. IF NOT, revert back to the dinner plan.... but don't wear pants. :ninja: :bag: :D

7. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    In regards to my last post,

Life is too short to always ask "what if".

Some of the minor regrets I have in life fall into your dilemma.

Good Luck

8. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Honesty is the best policy.

If that doesn't work, do her sister.............and her best friend...................and her mom...............and her co-workers.................

9. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    +1. Except without the minor regret part. Mine are kind of complicated and involve alcohol, guilt, deep heartfelt resentment, and a few legal name changes. ;)

10. Chipsonfire

Chipsonfire

Jul 20, 2007
    Socorro, NM
    Ugh, friend zone. Hate that zone lol. I say just talk to her about it (which reminds me, I need to follow my own advice :ninja:).

11. her sister is hot, so is her friend, haven't met her mother yet, she is a nurse so i might dig her co-workers too.

just something about a cute nurse:cool:

12. http://doubleyourdating.com/0/Catalog/

EVERYONE SHOULD READ WHAT THIS GUY HAS TO SAY!!!!

After about 15-20 minutes of checking David D. out, you'll think he's a nut. TRUST ME, HE KNOWS HIS SH*T!!!!!

In short, his methods/theory is to not be the nice guy all the time, to bust women's balls (his words exactly) and just be a man all around.

YES it's illogical, but are women logical????.....didn't think so.

You can subscribe to his news letters via email, they rock.

THIS STUFF IS FOR REAL, TRUST ME.

...wow, almost sounds like I should be a salesman....damn....

OR....go to www.btjunkie.org and look for David Deangelo, you'll be happy you did;) It'll blow you're mind.

13. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Or you can listen to Tom Leykis. :)

14. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    Things are different how? Is she flirting with you? Or is she still treating you as a friend? If it's the former, make your move already. If it's the latter, here's two things to consider:

1) She's already considered you as boyfriend material and rejected that notion so you have that to work against.
    2) If she isn't into you and you make a move, you've pretty much lost a friend. If you are really into her this shouldn't matter, but it's worth mentioning.

It's hard to give you any more specific advice without more info on your relationship with her now.

15. Chipsonfire

Chipsonfire

Jul 20, 2007
    Socorro, NM
    Yea, I see this all the time. I actually recommended this very same behavior to a TBer in another thread and another TBer gave me a snide "you don't know what you are talking about" remark :p

16. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I really don't beleive in girl/guy friendship. Either it's on or move on.

17. we have always flirted back in forth but it seems like she is flirting more now.

18. marcray

marcray

Nov 28, 2006
    Englishman in Oyster Bay, NY
    Aging Former Bass Player
    take her for a drink, get her drunk, lay your lump on her hump and see if she bites... sorry, it's the best I can do...:crying:

19. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    So why are you still here posting, you've got a lot of damage to do my boy!!!!!!!:bassist::bassist::bassist:

20. i neglected to acquire her number last time i saw her so i cant call her if i had the digits id dial :oops: