1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

is it possible to get wider spacing on a jazz w/o replacing the neck?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by vic_6, Apr 9, 2006.

1. vic_6

vic_6

Dec 19, 2004
    Manila, Philippines
    i just got myself a jazz and. i was wondering if i could widen the spacing somehow?

let's say i got a BAII, i can file the saddles' slots for the spacing but would the spacing then fit the neck or be enough? i know i i can just adjust it so it fits the neck right but as much as possible i'd like to maintain the same string spacing as that on my stingray. is this possible without having to change the neck?

2. ebe9

ebe9

Feb 26, 2006
    South Africa
    To the best of my knowledge, the only way to achieve this is with a bridge that offers one the option of moving the saddles from side to side as with the BADASS you are wanting/have got then basically just fiddle around with it. But it will ultimately come down to how much space is physically available on your neck.

Otherwise you are going to wind up having to buy a new neck.

3. vic_6

vic_6

Dec 19, 2004
    Manila, Philippines
    yeah, just like the BAII but im wondering if it'll fit the neck of the jazz since the jazz neck is slimmer than others. sorry if that wasn;t clear.