1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is it possible to install the Ampeg analog preamp in to bass body preamp cavity

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Yahboy, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    I have try the Cort A4 plus bass along with Ampeg Analog Preamp through Hartke KB15 combo yesterday, and i found i love the Tone in passive mode + Ampeg Analog pedal is much better compare to stock Markbass preamp in active mode.

As the tittle, is it possible swap the stock markbass preamp to Ampeg Analog preamp ?
    Anybody here been did the similiar modified before?

Need advise. TQ

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    This would go well for you if you posted pics of the preamp and it's guts.

Yahboy likes this.
  3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Well, I found a shot of the rear of the guts. It seems it is PCB mounted. What that means us you are pretty much stuck with the shape everything is in right now. The pattern of the knobs, buttons, switches and whatnot would have to stay the same. You couldn't put the knobs wherever you wanted. You would also have to figure out longer wires to get the battery out from behind it.

Seems easier to just use it as a stomp box.
    ampeg-classic-guts-and-jumper-841bf120.jpg

Yahboy likes this.
  4. You can take the pots/switches/etc. off and solder pieces of wire to their connections on the PCB, thereby allowing you to put them wherever you want them. The problem is that the PCB is pretty big, and it won't necessarily be easy to fit it in a bass.

two fingers likes this.