1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is it possible to rebuild a combo into an cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Koffelito, Sep 22, 2008.

  1. Koffelito


    Dec 9, 2007
    Hi guys. I have an fender rumble 100 15" and i just bought myself a new amp head so i thought if it's possible to take out the amp part of the combo and rewire it so it's just a cab to use with my amp?
  2. lmfreeman9

    lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

    Sep 1, 2007
    Yes, I know it is possible because I have a 12 inch SWR cabinet that used to be a Workingman's 12. I use it for an extension cabinet and it's fine.

    I'm not handy with electronics, so I have no idea how it is done.
  3. Koffelito


    Dec 9, 2007
    OK anyone else who got some input for me
  4. Yeah it's possible. Most combos have the "amp" section in a seperate cavity from the speaker. Soooo you'd just remove the amp, install an input jack and wire it to the speaker. Of course it's not that easy but that's essentially what you'd need to do. It's pretty basic electrical work, go to barnes and nobles and pick up a book or search the net for a tutorial.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.