1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is it possible to turn a keyboard track into a bassline?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Fassa Albrecht, Jan 11, 2008.

1. I was wondering whether it would be possible to turn a synth/electronica track's keyboard line into a bassline. I'm thinking of turning a load of Depeche Mode tracks into basslines, and there's a guitar part but no bassline other than the keyboardist's left hand part.

How do i do this?

2. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Inactive

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    find out the notes and transpose it for bass, or listen and try and play it by ear.

a nice synth line on bass is the intro line to 'don't you want me baby' by human league...i think that was keyboard rather than a synth bass anyway.

3. DocBop

DocBop

Feb 22, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Bass is bass no matter what instrument is playing it.

That is what caused the resurrection of the 5-string bass. Bass players needed a away to play the low parts that synth bass had been doing. Just transcribe the synth bass like you would any other bass line. If you don't have a 5-string bass and the parts goes below open E-string then you will have to move them up an octave.

Many of the studio bass players these days double on synth bass, work is work.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021