1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is it redundant for me to get a Sadowsky Pre/DI?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Poon, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    After reading x amount of posts about the mojo of the Sadowsky Pre/DI, I've been thinking about getting one to help a bit with the clean tone for my passive basses. Just to see what it can add/produce to the tone and to see what all the fuss is about (perhaps i'll hear that mojo). I already own a Radial Bassbone which is pretty cool since I can plug both passive basses into and have them eq'd a bit differently and that takes care of the DI.
    I own an Aggie AG500 and an Aggie DB750 for amps and I've quite happy with both of them.

He's my question...
    Given the fact that I have the Radial Bassbone, and the fact that the AG500 and the DB750 have the same EQ points as the Sadowsky Pre/DI for the (40hz for Bass and 4Khz for Treble).

I'm not unhappy with my tone, just (like many of us) curious as to if I could make a good thing even better.

PS. I've owned a Sadowsky in the past Metro RV-5. Very impressed with the bass, but the pre-amp actually didn't really speak to me in that bass. However I'm not stranger to admiting i'm wrong and re-evaluating things and loving it the 2nd time around. So my idea is that the outboard could work really well with either the JO5 of DJ5.

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I wouldn't really bother personally, if you already have a bassbone then the sadowsky isn't really going to give you anything more other than the sadowsky pre in a box which you've already stated you weren't massively impressed with pre in the sadowsky you owned.

You might want to look into the EBS Microbass though to replace the Bassbone as it has similar features and personally has a much better voicing.

Hope this helps

3. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA

Ya know, then again, I thought the sound of the Sad M24 I recently played was ambrosia to the ears. So who knows. It might have just been I'm acustomed to hearing ash or I liked the pickups in the modern sadowskys.