1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

Is It Safe To Hook Up A Bugera Veyron M Amp To These Cabs??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by canteenboy, Jun 19, 2017.

1. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    I'm planning on heading to guitar center tomorrow and buying a new Bugera Veyron M for my cabs. One Peavy 1810 and a Behringer Ultrabass BB410. Any advice?

::prepares for onslaught of cab stacking hate::

2. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    I didn't see anywhere that the Bugera was stable down to 2 ohms, so I''l assume that it's a 4 ohm min load head. If this is the case unless both of these cabs are 8 ohms, then you won't be able to run them together safely. If they are BOTH 8 ohm cabs then they could safely be run together, but what this combo will SOUND like is a complete crap shoot. JMHO

EDIT: After further review, the Behringer 410 is 4 ohms, so unless the new head is stable to 2 ohms, you CAN'T run these 2 cabs together.

pcake and rodl2005 like this.
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Yep. The Bugera is rated at 4 ohm minimum so as long as each cab is at least 8 ohms at least that part of it is safe. No telling what it will sound like until you actually try it... if it's safe to do so.

The Veyron M is fairly robust and may push either of your cabs, IF THEY ARE 4 ohms, pretty loud. It may push them as loud as you need if they are 8. In that case you could possibly use just one cab.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    pudgychef likes this.
  4. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    Oh damn. So I guess that won't work. Both these cabs are 4 ohm. I figured since the head was 4ohm, i was good to go. I've never stacked before. What head would be a good fit of these cabs for around $450 new? The Bugera seemed pretty solid because it was 430 for 2000 watts.

5. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Anything that is 2 ohm stable will work. Look around and see which ones have the other features you are looking for.

6. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    Damn. The price was right with that Bugera. Can't find anything over 1400 watts for under 500 at 2ohm.

7. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Don't be enamored with Bugera's claim of 2000 watts. In the real world their 2000 is more like 800 REAL watts.

revroy, HolmeBass, timmo97 and 4 others like this.
  8. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    I definitely got a wattage boner for that price the sunn 1200 looks doable if I save up and buy used.

9. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Look for a Mesa D-800 used.

10. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Grand Rapids Michigan
    Lots of power amps out there....

11. okcrum

okcrum in your chest Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Verde Valley, AZ
    RIP Dark Horse strings
    Buy a pair of used micro heads and slave one to the other.

There aren't many 2 ohm capable amps new for $450. Carvin seems to have the best selection in that price range. Check out the BX amps.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    timmo97 likes this.
  12. phillybass101

phillybass101 Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    Carvin Dude!!!

SirMjac28 and kpc like this.
  13. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    I'm looking at the Carvin b1500

14. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Just hook up the top cabinet only.
    The bottom cabinet is just a pedestal. Just for show.

SirMjac28 and alaskaleftybass like this.
  15. InhumanResource

InhumanResource

Dec 28, 2012
    What could you possibly need that much juice for and can the single 18 survive it??

16. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    The peavy 1810 has had the bottom speaker replaced for a better quality speaker. It's 800 watts now. The Behringer is 1200 watts. Both run at 4ohm.

17. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Here's a workaround. If you're using for gigs and can save the earnings then buy the Bugera and eventually use your earnings to convert both cabs to 8 ohms. In the meantime use only one cab.

On a different note please beware of the Bugera trolls. They'll come around and bash on your choice. Bugera is as dependable as any other Class D nowadays.

SirMjac28 likes this.
  18. Raf Seibert

Raf Seibert

Dec 16, 2013
    Texas
    I would be very surprized if you could actually use 1400 W RMS through those cabinets. Further, I'd be amazed if you weren't asked to leave town for trying it. On the other hand, that Bugera amp has no chance of delivering anything like that power.

You would do well to learn a little about electronics, power, Ohm's Law and other relevant bits of math. There really is some solid science involved, but, unfortunately, there are folks in the marketing departments of some musical instrument companies, who will do their best to add confusion and murkiness where none need exist. Caveat Emptor really applies in buying amps.

Raf

19. InhumanResource

InhumanResource

Dec 28, 2012
    Nice! That's still a phenomenal amount of juice though

20. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist Bassist for Michael "Epic Mic" Rowe

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Yeah the 2k wattage rating is optimistic lol

RickyT likes this.