Is it safe...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ericman197, May 17, 2004.

1. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    To play bass into a guitar head into a bass cab? I just want to experiment and see what a tube bass amp will sound like. The Strategy 400 is already on the way, but I'm itching for a little sneak preview. The guitar amp is a Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier, so I figured the design of it would be somewhat similar to the Strategy 400.
  2. With a bass cab, no problem. The EQ might need to be tweaked, and you probably won't want to use any of the built in distortion, reverb, or whatever, but it'll work fine. The Ampeg SVT and its sister the V9 were the same amp basically, same with the V4 and V4B.
  3. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    if were on the same topic(kinda) could you use a rectifier with a bass cab and use distortion? or is that totally not good for the cab?
  4. Are you using this for guitar or for bass? I can't imagine how loud it'd be w/ guitar! :eek:
  5. If it were a regular bass cab with no tweeter, shouldn't be a problem for either guitar or bass. If it's a cab with a tweeter, some people have spoken of tweeter casualties wgen using extreme distortion though.
  6. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Very. I do intend to try that, although it's primary usage will be for bassing duties.
  7. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    The guy from nickel back runs a full range cab and then bi amps into a 15 for the lows and uses a peavey guitar amp for the highs.
  8. Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    "Is it safe."

Dustin Hoffman replies, "Yes, it is safe. It is very safe. It is so safe you cannot believe how safe it is."
  9. so ericman, i thought you said you hated tubes?