Is it season?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ilfretless, May 3, 2003.

1. ilfretless

ilfretless Guest

Mar 16, 2001
    Milan, Italy
    I own a carvin 5-string neck through, and I am noticing that the action is getting lower in these days, what do you think that could be?
    someone told me it is the change of the season, but the difference is quite much! any suggestions?
  2. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Have you changed the strings on your bass from one brand/type to another? String tension caused by different strings could have an impact on the neck relief.

But, the changes you're observing could very well be due to changes in humidity in the environment. That's a fairly common occurrence.
  3. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    That's certainly one possible factor. How dramatic is the change in humidity and temperature in Milan? In Canada seasonal change can definitely be a big factor.
  4. ilfretless

ilfretless Guest

Mar 16, 2001
    Milan, Italy
    I haven't changed anything at least in the last month. The humidity has changed quite a lot in the last two weeks, where we had a real hot series of days, I think that could be the problem
  5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I'm going to put this over in "setup"...
  6. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    I think that's the problem then...
  7. Duck Huntin season?

YEah humidity and temperature change can cause such change. Thats why i keep mine in the house 90% of the time.

8. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    i have the same problem w/ my fender (mex) j/bass.when ever it changes weather,humidity, and temperature my basses neck needs a little bit of tweaking, in IMO it could definately be one of the possibilities;)