Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sbbassslapper, Jan 19, 2005.

1. i play a yamaha rbx170, that has 3 pick ups in it, p and j pick ups, and a 3rd, i think i'm describing this right but i'm not sure, i like the way the yamaha sounds, but i was thinking of upgrading the pick ups, but i'm not sure which ones to get, in my band we play metal pretty much, or heavy rock, depends on ur defintion, but i'm trying to figure out what pick ups to get, i was looking at emg's and basslines, but i'm still not sure, i also had my eye on getting a bc rich warlock platinum series bass, but i'm not sure as of yet, i was going to use it for this band and keep the yamaha for the side project that isn't metal, more so just rock.

any oppinions? :help:

2. Angry Jonny

Angry Jonny

Aug 20, 2004
    I have the 170 too and it only has 2 pickups, the P and J that you mentioned, the 3rd knob is your tone control, not a pickup control. As to your actual question, I don't know the answer, but I'll be watching carefully since I've been considering a change too.