1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is it worth rebuilding?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mward69, Aug 20, 2007.

1. mward69

mward69

Jan 20, 2007
    Conyers, GA
    SO I came across a hartke model 3500 mosfet on ebay....got for $150.....the amp side is smoked. I called Samson about getting repairs done, the tech told me they have a new board that will fit it for about 75 bucks plus shipping, said it would be cheaper than sending it in for repairs. I got screwed on the buy in the 1st place, now should I spend the cash on a new board? Are these amps any good? I think this one was a mid-late 80's model.

2. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I think the 80's models are better than the newer ones. You'll be out $225, but it's still cheaper than a new one and you get better quality.

3. j.a.e.r.i.p

j.a.e.r.i.p

Apr 8, 2007
    i have a HA3500 Mosfet, and other than some trouble with the input jacks i've enjoyed mine. oh i also bought it new and the previous honor screwed up the tube portion of the head to a degree which i have yet to undo

4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Mosfet 3500's sound better than the newer ones.

Mine's been solid since I bought it. I believe they go for around 200 used anyway, so you'd still be in the ballpark of what the amp should be worth.

5. mward69

mward69

Jan 20, 2007
    Conyers, GA
    Ok....thx for the reply, I think I will. I have a QSC 850 with a v-amp pro right now, but may use it instead of hauling the rack around. I have heard that the 80's Hartke was "the" amp back in the day... I was using the Fender Dual 400 head back then