1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is it worth sending my Faulty pedal to the makers for repair?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BrandonBass, Nov 21, 2018.

1. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    It's a wren and cuff pickle fuzz.There is no sound when I turned it on ,however the bypass signal gets through. The pedal still lights up. It was ok a few months ago, it died when I tried it just now. Thing is I would be shipping overseas and it's gonna be a rather troublesome process.

Is it a better option to just get it checked out at the local guitar shop or is it better to send it to the makers who probably hav all the components of the pedal

cataract likes this.
  2. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I’d get in touch with Wren & Cuff directly. I’ve only had good experiences dealing with manufacturers directly, and their bench fees are usually priced very fairly.
    (Had to send a B7K Ultra back to Darkglass and the repair was maybe $15 plus shipping one way)

BrandonBass likes this.
  3. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Like @cataract said, deal with the maker/brand directly, unless they are unapproachable, mean, or do not reply to messages.
    To use Fuzzrocious as an example, if anyone mods or repairs (tries to repair) one of our products besides Fuzzrocious, its warranty is totally null and void resulting in a bench fee plus parts and shipping. There has been more than one time that a customer had a local tech repair something and make it worse.
    Shipping overseas changes things. Maybe Matt has a friend in your country he would trust to repair it, so reach out to Matt to ask. An email doesn't hurt :).

4. TheLopp

TheLopp

Dec 30, 2013
    I had a Phat Phuk B that didn’t sound right. I bought it used here in Sweden and I contacted W&C and they said they have a lifetime guarantee! Did not know about that before. They fixed my pedal for free and I just had to pay for postage, no problem at all. Really helpful guys and excellent customer services!

They have a couple of things written on their page that you can check, it might be an easy fix if it’s just a loose cable. Good luck!

rratajski, blip and BrandonBass like this.