1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

is it worth the drive to see RHCP

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jonathan_matos5, Nov 16, 2006.

1. To me?? No.

To you? Maybe.

1 hour is nothing either. I flew from NY to California for a single show! And a vacation, but that was beside the point ^_^;;

2. tr68gt

tr68gt Acme Corporation Beta Tester

Aug 2, 2006
    Naples, Florida
    Don't know about you man, but I'm gonna check on the price of get tickets as soon as they go on sale. If I can afford them, I'm gone. They're doing 3 show near here, so I'll be driving about an hour and a half to two hours to Orlando, Tampa, or Sunrise Florida.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yes, I saw them in Albany and they were very good.

4. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    yep, i was there. They are great live.

Figjam... I wasn't expecting Nobody Weird Like Me at all. Or the public enemy song.

5. tickets were being advertised as a prize from one of the local stations. and they kept mentioning that you cant buy them yet:meh:

ill keep checking ticketbastard:bag: for pirces:ninja: :bassist:

6. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    An hour drive isn't that bad if you want to see them.

7. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I'm thinkin bout pickin up tickets for the Chicago show in Feb. I haven't saw them live yet and i think it'd be a good show.

8. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    I drove 8 hours to see Hammers of Misfortune, 1 hour drive is a typical show in LA. I've seen RHCP several times, but I wouldn't drive to LA to see them anymore. Frusciante on the other hand... ;)

9. I don't even flinch at an hour's travel to see a show. If you want to see them and ticket prices aren't prohibitive, go for it.

10. i drove two hours across michigan to see them in grand rapids, which is anthony keidis' hometown. they are really great musicians, so they always play well live. anthony's voice was actually on key the whole night. and the light show was the coolest i've ever seen. the show was really good. it is definitely worth the drive.

robb.

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm about an hour from every major venue in the state of New Jersey, so I have driven, and would drive again an hour to see them.

12. Neb Maro

Neb Maro I don't think, but I still am.

Oct 20, 2006
    So. Cali
    I'd do it. I hear they put on a great show. Besides, it'd be cool to see them do their convulsions live.

13. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I drove an hour to see Rush.
    And I met some people there who drove 16 hours to see Rush!

That's dedication.

14. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

A 1 hour drive is nothing.

15. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    It takes me an hour to get to school every day. Just go for it.

16. BassChuck

BassChuck Gold Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    My son saw them in Columbus OH and loved them. He said Flea played a movement from a Bach Cello suite that was amazing... and my son plays them on cello, so he would know.

17. nateo

nateo Schubie Fan #1

Mar 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I drove two hours to Montreal to see RHCP with The Mars Volta just over a month ago. It was definitely worth the trip.

Actually, because it was so worth the trip, I ended up seeing them again right here in Ottawa... the very next night! Now I'll admit that I wasn't really there to see RHCP, but The Mars Volta put on a wicked show that second night (they seemed to be having technical difficulties in Montreal). If it's still the same tour (RHCP + TMV) then I say go, you won't be dissappointed. Just be sure to be in your seat for TMV, since my friend and I were 2 of probably 100 people who knew who they were and wanted to watch them play.

In terms of ticket prices I had floor seats in Montreal for ~$100 CDN and 3rd level rafter seats in Ottawa for ~$50 CDN. A bit pricey if you figure those shows were on consecutive nights, but I still say The Mars Volta were worth it.

-Nate

18. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I would make the drive. When I saw them on Fuse supporting the new record I thought they sounded really tight.

19. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    well....you won't know unless you go, will you? ;)