1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

is it wrong to be intolerant of smokers?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jonathan_matos5, Oct 2, 2008.

1. :confused:

i was starting to like this girl, but then i found out she smokes anything and everything. i am talking more than a pack a day here, and honestly i find it disgusting. then for some reason i thought maybe i am being shallow and borderline prejudice against people who smoke? i mean i will admit i have smoked a cigar a few times to celebrate but it wasn't really that enjoyable to me.

am i a shallow dude for ruling out smokers from my list of potential dates?:confused:

2. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    If it turns you off then its a turn off. No shallow or deep about it. You lost attraction.

3. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    It's a turn off, doesn't mean its not shallow. At the same time, your tastes are your tastes, and you can't change those.

4. wazzel

wazzel

Dec 27, 2007
    Houma, LA
    It is somthing you don't like as a peraonality trait, not shallow at all.

5. well by being a dude, you are automatically out of my dating pool. also for some reason i dont care if guys smoke. :meh:

i do find it particularly unbecoming for a lady to smoke. :atoz:

6. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm pretty much intolerable to most people.

I'm still pretty tolerant to smokers though, even though I don't smoke myself.

7. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Naturally, but my point still stands. Just because you don't find it attractive doesn't make you shallow. It's your tastes, much the same way some people aren't attracted to brunettes or blondes. You happen to not be attracted to smokers. Whatever.

8. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Yes, you are a prejudiced hatemonger. In fact, I don't think it would be enough for you to apologize to the girl. You should have to go to R.J. Reynolds and personally prostrate yourself in front of their corporate offices and beg for forgiveness from everybody your irrational hate has hurt. The workers, their families, the family pets your refusal to encourage smoking has made eat generic brand pet food because they have had to take pay cuts, hospital personnel who have been laid off because they don't have the same number of emphysema patients to look after. The consequences of your smokism are dire and complicated.

9. :D

in all honesty i never stopped flirting with her, i just opted not to ask her out.

10. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    If you had to make this thread you obviously don't like her whether you are shallow or not.

11. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Well in that case, why don't you try and convince her to start chewing tobacco instead. Problem solved.:smug:

12. actually i just am not sure, smoker or not she is a cool chick. but if she didn't smoke :ninja:

:atoz:

13. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    you sound intolerable. :p

but not intolerant.

14. :oops:

im gonna go fix that. i haven't been getting much sleep lately due to my homework load and there is only so much coffee can do.

15. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Heck no! Having a girlfriend who smokes more than a pack a day would suck for someone who really doesn't like smoke (like me).

Not necessarily, he makes a ton of threads.

16. yeah, with stupid questions about my lack of luck with girls.:oops:

honestly im just getting back out there, the last chick i tried to hook up with ended up being a psycho and scared me away from the dating scene for awhile.:scowl: just in the past week i have met two girls that may not be crazy and ones that can tolerate me.;)

17. mrokern

mrokern TB's resident Rush freak

Jul 20, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nope. Few things turn me off more than a beautiful woman lighting up, and this is from someone who did puff for awhile.

I'll admit to being a bit two-faced, I do smoke cigars every now and again...but hey, it's my opinion and I get to have it. :D

-Mark

18. this is assuring :)

19. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Ever hear the phrase :If she smokes she pokes?

20. yes, but i still dont like women that smoke.