Is it wrong...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Corwin81, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    I started on 4 strings...then got a 5 around this time last year. I rearranged a few songs for 5 string, incorporating the lower notes. But after getting my bass from Nino(4 string J/MM Geddy inspired bass), I haven't played any of my other basses and have rearranged the songs back to 4 string. I almost feel like I should use the 5 for some songs since I have it and it's a nice bass(Schecter Model T-5), but it's been cased since getting the "El Nino".

Is this wrong?

Anyone else "accidentally" abandon 5 strings for 4?
  2. It's not wrong man. I play my cheapo fretless GSR200 more than I do my 5 string DeArmond just because I like to. Obviously you like your new 4 so much you don't feel like playing the 5, but if you ever need the low B it'll be there for you to use.
  3. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    That's not the reason I abandoned the Schecter. The "El Nino" bass just sounds better and plays a lot nicer. I'm almost tempted to get professional setups done on my other basses to see how much they improve.
  4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    nah, it's not wrong - comfort and tone go a long way
  5. It's the quality of the bass that counts. If someone offered me an Bass Surgery 4-string, and a Brice 6-string, I know which one I'd take...
  6. A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Play what you like best, and just enjoy it.
  7. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Yes, it's wrong... :eyebrow:
  8. KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    If I had one of Nino's four string basses I would be switching back to fours as well. ;)
  9. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Hahaha. I'd agree with this sentiment, but I'm already a four stringer! Nino's basses are just...delicious.
  10. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    maybe I should eventually get rid of my other basses(except for my first Squier) and get a Valenti 5, hehe.
    I like the feel of this 4 though. It's like the perfect bass for me.