1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is John Hood leaving Peabody?

Discussion in 'Orchestral Auditions [DB]' started by LoSound, Dec 3, 2006.

1. LoSound

LoSound

Dec 3, 2006
    I heard a rumor that John Hood isn't teaching at Peabody after this year. I went to their website but didn't see any sort of announcement or anything.... Does anybody know anything about this?

2. I am studying with John right now and I have not heard anything about him leaving.

Where did you hear this?

3. LoSound

LoSound

Dec 3, 2006
    Through a guy I met at All-State. Don't know where he heard it from.

4. LPhilip

LPhilip

Dec 3, 2006
    I also study with John in my junior year (BM double bass performance) at Peabody, and I can tell you that this rumor is not true. John is a straightforward guy, and we're pretty close after working together for 2 and a half years. I have heard him mention Peabody in his plans for next year, and I am sure he would let me and the rest of his studio know if he did not intend to come back.

That said, are you interested in auditioning at Peabody? I've really gotten a lot out this bass department since I started taking lessons here in high school, and if you've got any questions I'd be happy to talk to you.

5. When did Peabody and Sherman separate? How long has he been with Mr. Hood? I need to catch up on my cartoon gossip.

6. LPhilip

LPhilip

Dec 3, 2006
    http://www.peabody.jhu.edu/2736

The link above will take you to double bass faculty Jeffrey Weisner's blog. If you scroll down to "Rumor control and Ali Yazdanfar," you'll see that John will be returning for the 2007-2008 school year.

7. LoSound

LoSound

Dec 3, 2006
    Thanks for clearing this up for me. That blog is kind of cool... He ought to post some more!!!!