Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is LA Bass Exchange Resurfacing?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by malthumb, Mar 8, 2003.

1. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
  2. Or maybe it's a guy named Bas who had a sex change.

I'll ask around and see if I can find any info on this.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    hehehe...:D

brad cook

4. Good thinking, SMASH. There's a web page and an address and everything. Looks like SOMETHING called the Bass Exchange is coming back.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    They seem to be carrying a lot of the same lines LABX carried, but their site looks like suck, and they don't have bricks and mortar, apparently.

6. I talked to a salesman at Instrumental Music in Thousand Oaks, and he was telling me this guy who owns this guitar shop (forgot the name) wants to turn the downstairs portion of it into a high-end bass store. I think the guy is the same from LA Bass Exchange. But he told me a couple of weeks ago, so I don't remember the details, or if I even have my story straight. But that's how I remember it.

7. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I would hope that Long Ly would have been able to recognize what's obviously not a Sonus 5/2 when he saw one.

8. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    this smells like a long ly-less joint. its probably the amp shop selling basses. if if remember the story right, they were the ones that came and raided the inventory and shut down the store while long was gone.