1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is Line6 going to Support Windows 7 in a timely Manner?

Discussion in 'Line 6' started by jollygiantchris, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Hello, basically I was wondering if Line 6 is planning on rolling out drivers for Gearbox within a reasonable amount of time of the Windows 7 launch. I ask because it took an extremely long time for 64-bit driver support and I REALLY like my Toneport and want to upgrade.

I also want to throw it out there to people that the Toneport UX series (once you get the bass and guitar amp ad-ons) is pretty amazing stuff. I have floored my friends with the quality of my tone with the equipment I've been using its kinda funny.

I wanna throw out a question that doesn't seem to be clearly stated anywhere. If I got the Guitar/Bass Pods could I load in the gearbox ad-on packs into it so I could use the same tone live that I'm recording with?

Thanks

2. richrenken

richrenken

Apr 22, 2009
    Calabasas, CA
    Product Manager Line 6
    I am checking. Not sure.

3. I would imagine the Vista drivers would work fine, as the kernel of the OS is pretty similar. As long as you have the appropriate x86 or x64 drivers, that is.

4. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    UK
    Is there any update on this?

My Vista driver has a habit of blue screening my W7 machine. I am yet to prove that a certain set of circumstances cause the blue screen, but I can see when the BSOD comes up, it's the X3 driver listed.

5. RedsFan75

RedsFan75

Apr 26, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Not sure why they would support Windows 7 any faster than they've supported Snow Leopard.

6. BassSaxMan

BassSaxMan

Jul 11, 2008
    Well...maybe because based on actual usage statistics OSX is around a 4% market share and Windows is over 90. :D

And yes I use OSX exclusively.

7. richrenken

richrenken

Apr 22, 2009
    Calabasas, CA
    Product Manager Line 6
  8. kful

kful

Apr 25, 2009
    Garden Grove, CA
    I'm hoping Line 6 supports W7 before Microsoft stops supporting XP.

9. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    I'm just hoping the next (hopefully there's a next) M9/M13 update supports Snow Leopard.

10. richrenken

richrenken

Apr 22, 2009
    Calabasas, CA
    Product Manager Line 6
    The M9/M13 has nothing to do with it. Monkey needs to be supported by Snow Leopard.

11. BluesyCat

BluesyCat I'm irresistible. Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Torrance, California
    Staff: Bass Gear Magazine
    Really looking forward to my UX1 and Pod Farm to be fully compatible with Windows 7. I can't record ! :crying:

12. kful

kful

Apr 25, 2009
    Garden Grove, CA
    From the Line 6 website:

I'm hoping this works. I really want to upgrade to W7 from XP, but I use my Pod XT for too many things to not have it work.

13. Jehos

Jehos Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Awesome news. I want to get Snow Leopard set up at home, but have held off because I own several pieces of Line6 stuff and I like the computer / pedal interaction.

14. My UX1 has died. Boo you Line6. Gonna get a an X3 live with my tax return.

15. For windows 7 users Premium or Ultimate (basically, not home) you can download the Virtual XP install, get it running, install your L6 software, and the create a shortcut to make it run as if it were a native go. It takes a bit of memory, but if you're running Windows 7, you hopefully have some to spare.

16. BluesyCat

BluesyCat I'm irresistible. Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Torrance, California
    Staff: Bass Gear Magazine
    Now that the Windows 7 drivers are out, has anyone had a complications or is it running as smooth it should or better? Jus' curious...

17. FookFookFook

FookFookFook

Feb 10, 2008
    It works..... but it crashes just as often as it did on XP for me