Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

is Maddox right or what?? (seriously)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I know he just makes this site for fun. But almost anything this guy bitches about makes so much sense. I think he is right when he says that everything he says is correct, and if you disagree then you are wrong. I'm sure many of you are familiar with his site, if not then you are in for a entertaiing treat.

Finally someone who tells things how they really are. This guy should write a book. Enjoy!

http://maddox.xmission.com/

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    This wont last long.

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Funny... i was just thinking about him... I love irobbot and other movies comments he has:)

hehehe

Cheers

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    The best rant is the michael bolton rant....

5. Yeah, most of the stuff he writes DOES make some kidna sense.

6. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Yeah, Maddox is da bomb yo.

7. I haven't even started reading some of the stuff and it looks uninteresting.

Suss or not, I'm not really into arrogance.

8. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Hell yeah! Pirates are the best... I wish I was a pirate...

9. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    pirates rule, they should kill wales. Wales drink all our water and eat all the sailors.

10. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

God I want to make a comment related to what they do to you know... water... but I can't because I ma get into trouble :(

I guess I just did say what they do to our water sort off... hehehe

Cheers

11. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Those stupid whales, they polute our water with their feces and urine!

:smug:

12. I've read that and the guy's make good points but he also seems like a frustrated geek sometimes like when he says: Physical activities can do no good to you it's worthless and doesn't serve any purpose in the real world.

Yeah right :rollno:

Like being Fit and healthy is wrong. :eyebrow:

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Some people get him. Some people dont. He sometimes can have a very dry sense of humor.

The physical activities thing is most likely an overly sarcastic statement, as if to mock people who dont exercise.

But sometimes the way he comes across is hard to find humerous if you are a skeptical anti-arrogance thing.

14. No in fact he makes that statement regarding people who do sports in high school and he now laugh at them cause he sees some of them pack his groceries every now and then. So he says physical deucation should be banned of schools because it doesn't serve any purpose in the real world.

Try to find the article you'll see that it is not sarcasm.

I'm not bashing his oppinion I just says that there's is a lot of arrogance there when you take the time to read In person the guy must be kind full of himself a little bit.

15. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Meh, i think he just trys to piss off as many people as possible while making a few chuckle. I never take anything he says seriously. Basicaly anything that has a big following, or large amount of fans, he bashes.

ie:
    1)The Matrix
    2) Honda Civics
    3) "Im Rick James, b*tch!'

Basically he knew a lot of people would be offended, so he did it. Hes just an awesome jack@ss.

16. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I'm just saying he has a point though. Many of the things he bashes are indeed stupid (espically the Matrix). Mabey that's why they have such a large following, people in general are stupid.

17. Yeah I know what you mean.

In my opinion, sports and music are the only two things in life that really reveal the true meaning of life itself. They are what life is about. All of lifes lessons can be learned in sports and music. When I say sports I talk about mainly team sports. :hyper:

Quoted from Maddox: "Why not devote a class to playing video games? What the hell good does it do? No more or less than sports. BAH." Maddox loves video games. Hes making a good statement.

What he's saying is that if these people who played sports in highschool didn't act so much like your sterotypical dumb jock, fooling around in school and caring only about the sport you play really, you won't get anywhere 99.99% of the time. Whats the use? And he says he wouldn't complain if the 'jock morons' could prove him otherwise. He has a legit point, IMO. He's not talking about the people whos priorities are both school and sports, like myself.