Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is my band like freakishly tall?!?!?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Sonic, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

Alright, i've been playing for my band Spazem for about 2 months, we had our first gig a week ago, we won't be back out til we write new stuff, but anyway. We'll all I guess medium to slightly large sized guys, but man, everyone thought we were giants. To give you an Idea, I'm 6'1, the drummer is 6' , the lead guitartist is 6'2, and the singer/rhythm guitarist is 6'5. I mean, I know I'm usually the tall guy in the band, but like we had all these like midget bands, oh well. l8r

2. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    *points at sonic*

them......them guys over ..yeah where im pointing..

..them are tall!!!

yes.. dude.. your huge.. im like 5'5" and im almost 18

:eek:

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I'm the shortest one at 5'10". Our drummer's about 6', and the guitarist and singer are both about 6'3". In my other band, I'm still the shortest guy. The two girls (keys and vocals) are both about 5'6", and the other three guys are all about 6'2".

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Maybe you should hook up with this band:

[​IMG]

That would be a great tour.

Find out more at www.thelittlekingz.com. Yes, the singer is indeed named "Scotty F-Word." :rolleyes:

brad cook

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm only 5'8", but in my last band the guitarist was 6'0" and the drummer was 6'8", making our average height just over 6'1". All of our weights added together probably equaled about 26 pounds as well. We looked like lollipops with instruments.

6. I was once in a band with 2 really tall fat guys (I am one of them), and 2 really short skinny guys. Kind of a weird mix.

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Everybody in both of my bands is over 6 foot.

8. 1.96m / 117kg over here :) why do you think my mates call me " chewbacca " and " Gorilla " ?? ;) :rolleyes:

9. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I'm 6.4, drummer is 6.3, singer is 6.1 and guitarist is 6.3....pretty tall i guess...

10. I'm 6' 4 1/2", and have old photo's of me playing on stage with a guitar player that was about 4' 10".

I've always been the tall one in the band. Except one band, that had a drummer that was 6' 8", but that doesn't count, cause he sits down.

11. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Im 6', drummer is 6'4", guitarists both 6', and the singer is 5'2".

12. Our rhythym guitarist is 6"7, and skinny with it. The lead guitarist is 5"7, and me and the singer are 5"8. The drummer is about 6"2, but he's sitting on a drum stool, so when we're on stage, it looks kinda strange. Every review we've ever had has commented on it in some way or another. Actually, he kicked me in the shin yesterday when I called him a lampost, so I think it may be getting to him ;):D.

13. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The average American male today is 4 inches taller than an American male born in 1955.

14. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I'm 6'1, drummer is 6'2, sax is 6', trombone is 6'2 ke boards is 5'10, singer/guitar is 5'7.