Is My Bass What I Think It Is?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flipowitz, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Flipowitz

Flipowitz

Jul 25, 2020
    So, I'll cut straight to it, I bought a bass in June used off of Guitar Center. I thought the bass was this Concert Bass :: JS Series Concert™ Bass JS3VQ, Amaranth Fingerboard, Cherry Burst in the cherry burst. On receiving the bass, I found that the stock was matched with the color and shading of the body, and the back of the body had a more, for lack of a better word, natural wood coloring. I don't have any good pictures but I'm wondering what the difference could be. There's one picture if anybody can go off of it. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Because a few of my friends are badgering me to put it here, yes, it would be really cool if it was worth a bunch of money and belonged to like, I don't know, Dave Ellefson or someone. There was my obligatory post-disclaimer.

Attached Files:

2. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    Check serial number on the back of the headstock - that one might be a few years old, maybe X-series, maybe older JS-series. I have a 2015 Pro series with the matching burst headstock overlay... You can download some of the previous year catalogs to look through...

Catalogs | Jackson® Support

Archived Catalogs | Jackson® Support

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  3. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    It's a budget overseas model. I can tell right away from the cheaper pickups (not EMG or the like), as well as the (probably) no-name tuners, that no, it's not a US/custom-shop model. Those usually have quartersawn necks, too, whereas yours is probably flatsawn.