Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is my Diagram/schematic correct?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RAT TAT TAT, May 31, 2005.

1. [​IMG]
    I ordered a Dimarzio model p & j set. i wanted to set up each pickup to have its own series/parallel switch, and to have a series parallel for both pickups together. I made this diagram by saving pics from other sites and copying and pasting parts. I have no idea how its going to sound, but im willing to try. I just wanted to know if this is correct. I had a concern and wasnt 100% if the middle lug of the bridge vol pot should be connected where it is. For all I know, this is totally wrong, thats why im posting it for help.

2. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    Almost right.

The positive lead coming from the neck DPDT should go to the middle lug of the neck volume pot.

The positive lead from the bridge DPDT should go to the top left lug (in the picture) of the series/parallel DPDT and the positive lead from the series/parallel DPDT should go to the middle lug of the bridge volume pot.

I hope that's clear.

3. ok this is what i got from what you said.
    [​IMG]
    *crosses fingers*

4. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    That's what I said, and it's wrong. Sorry, brain fart on my behalf. Reverse the two white wires on the series/parallel switch and you'll be in business.

5. ok, this is it.
    [​IMG]
    right?

6. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    Yup!

7. awesome, thanks a lot lyle.