1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is my DOD FX25 Envelope Filter broken?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by eyvindwa, Aug 5, 2007.

1. eyvindwa

eyvindwa Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
    I found this pedal in the closet, and I have not used for such a long time that I cannot remeber how it used to sound. Now, it distorts terribly for all but the lowest of input volumes. So my question is, is my unit broken, or is it just the way these units are (i.e. worthless)? Enclosed is a small sample with the clean sound first, and then with the envelope filter plugged in.

Thanks,

Eyvind.

Attached Files:

2. Have you tried replacing the battery, or are you using a power supply?

3. eyvindwa

Aug 1, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
    Yep, replaced the battery, no change :(

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    They do go bad. Distorting is one common problem; the other common one is for the volume to drop by about half. It's specific components that have gone bad, but I haven't sussed out exactly which ones it is yet.

5. eyvindwa

Aug 1, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
    Yeah, I expected something like that. Since I'm not exactly a wiz when it comes to repairing electronics, I guess this FX goes out the door, then...

6. i'll take it :D