1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is My Fender Bassman 200 blown?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve2, Apr 12, 2006.

1. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I have had a bassman 200 for about 4 or 5 years. Last week I bought a BBE BMax Preamp and I did not push it all that hard last week and it sounded great. I just bought a Zoom B2 effects and I pluged my bass to it then I ran it to the Preamp then the pre to the bassman. I tried it just for a few seconds and had a awful sound. There were others playing and tuning so I did not get to use the effects much however since it sounded bad I decided for to just run everything the way it was without the B2. It still sounded bad, So I hooked the bass straight to the amp and it was very distorting. I then hooked a acoustic electric guitar and the same thing very distorting and the volume levels was in and out.

Thanks for any advice. I am thinking its blown.

Steve

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I'm not sure, but I wonder if you overloaded the input of your bassman with too hot a signal?

did you use a "pad" button if you have one or use the "active" input if you have one or set the gain indicator to just below distorting?

3. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    Update
    I pluged the amp and bass up today and it worked fine. Who knows what happened.

4. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Better check to see if you are using the correct book
    of magic spells.