1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is my markbass LMKII able to run 2 cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ka_Ve_86, Feb 18, 2008.

1. I never really thought of this but i have a LMKII and a david eden d410xlt and a david eden 115xlt i have run them both from the LMKII just wondering if that will harm my amp i think both cabs run at 8 ohms just wondering will it harm my amp at all and what kind of volume i should expect if i really crank it...
    And if i dont get much volume maybe add a power amp??

Like i said i have done it before but i dont want to hurt my LMKII because i love that thing...

2. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    As long as both cabs are 8 ohms, you will be fine. That should be a nice sounding rig.

3. No problems...the opposite actually: 2 x 8 ohm cabs = 4 ohms, so your LMII will be putting out it's full 500 watts RMS :bassist:

4. But the LMKII only has 1 output so I need to run the cabs on series does that matter?

5. Dpduder

Dpduder

Mar 27, 2007
    Gorham, ME
    not so much, the little mark has 2 outputs. ones a 1/4 inch connector the other a speakon.

6. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    you can just use the parrallel in/out on your 1st cab to run to the 2nd cab. Actually there are two 1/4 outs on the LMII. The hole in the middle of the speakon out is also a 1/4 out. But really either way is fine, the amp will see a 4 ohm load.

7. Ok, so can someone clear this up for me right now please?

If I run a cab from my LMII, then a cable from my cab to a second one, will that be the same as running two cabs direct from both outputs on my amp?

I seem to remember in audio years ago that both scenarios affect ohms load differently, yet the above comment suggests that it makes no difference. Can I please have a definitive answer?

8. For solid state amps, these two methods are identical... cab to cab or two outputs from the amp are both parallel connections. Just make sure that each cab is no lower than 8ohm nominal impedance when using heads like the LMII that are rated 'safe' only down to 4ohms.

9. Awesome, thank you very much.

10. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    you can plug the 1/4 inch jack into the center of the speakon, this way you can use two 1/4 inch jacks! I have never seen another head that does this!