1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is my monitor broken?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bardolph, May 3, 2006.

1. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    It's not moniting. It's got the two different colors of light, the green for when it's on and yellow for standby. My computer has been away for a while getting worked on and my monitor was just sitting around unplugged. It had worked fine last time I had my computer, but now when I plug it in the light just flashes in little short blips, green if it's connected to the computer and yellow if not. The power button (or any of the others for that matter) does nothing; if it's plugged in the light is flashing, no on or off. I've tried unplugging and reconnecting and using a different outlet and trying a different power cord, all to no avail. Do I have a broken monitor on my hands? By the way it's a flat panel, about 3 years old.

2. Have you tried hooking it up to a different computer? If it does the same thing I would say it is the monitor.

3. +1

Try hooking to a different computer, and check the pins on the monitor connector. If any are bent, bend them back. If any are missing, you may be screwed..try a different monitor cable if possible.

4. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Are you sure the computer is working? Does it beep when you start it up? You should get a single beep... then you know your computer is doing well. If you get mulitple beeps or no beeps or somethign.. then you have a problem and (if you know what youre doing) you should check it out yourself (otherwise, bring it to someone.)