1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

is my pedal spoiled?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BrandonBass, Nov 21, 2006.

1. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    i have this boss dist pedal that i run on battery. i plugged it in and while there is light when i turn in on, theres no distortion. its just like playin the bass w/o dist....

my cables are abit faulty, could it be the reason? or could the battery be running out? or...could it be i messed up the thing? ive kicked the thing accidently acouple of times, but theyre supposed to be tough yeah?

2. could be...

could be...

could be...

yup.

Replace the goddamn battery already!

It's considered good form around here to demonstrate that you've put some effort into finding your answer before you post. ;)

3. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Are you getting a fairly quiet signal with minimal distortion?

The battery's probably dead. If the cables were faulty, you wouldn't get any sound at all, or it would cut out intermittently... so it's not the cables.

No battery lasts forever in a pedal; most pedals will last only a few hours on batteries. I'd get an AC adaptor of some sort, since batteries will be costly if you're only practicing with the pedal right now.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Another question, how are your settings? Sure you don't have it set for some rediculously mild distortion instead of high gain you're used to?

That, or replace the battery ;)