Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is my Pedulla a youth?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hvingsand, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Just picked up my new Pedulla Rapture RB-4 today. Got it on ebay recently!

My first though was "is it supposed to be so little?"
    Are there any differences in Rapture sizes?

Attached Files:

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    They're tiny. I've played many. I like all basses though :). I have a thumb and an alembic series 1.. BIG difference in size. It's not the size that counts, it's how you use it.

3. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    ROFLMAO! those 'dullas are tiny.

btw whafrodamus: how is that alembic treating you?

4. It looks as if you got an adolescent Rapture that isn't quite ready to leave the nest. If you feed it well, it will grow up to be a full size bass one day....

Seriously though, the Rapture is a small-bodied bass. I find it to be a very light and ergonomic design.

5. I had a Rapture just like that... I didn't find it versatile/comfortable enough to keep. It really needed another pickup or even a thumbrest.

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    nope, they're all that size (well, apart from ones with more strings obviously).

I've owned a bunch of Raptures, mostly JJ's. I've loved them, but the body is just a little small for me.

7. Interesting.

Admittedly, I have the RB5, so it isn't quite the same bass. I anchor my thumb on the B string, right by the pickup. I have no problems with playability.

As for versatility, I find it reasonably versatile for a single pickup bass. The low-mid cut switch and active bass and treble controls give a wide range of adjustment. On mine I added a pull-passive switch on the volume control, and a series/parallel switch for even more possibilities.

8. djcruse

djcruse

Jun 3, 2002
    Norwood, MA
    You do know that photo isn't actual size, right?

9. I just really couldn't find a smooth tone from the single Bartolini. Anchoring my thumb on the actual pickup was really quite hard, and though I float from pickup to strings while I pluck, I just found it too cumbersome.

It was a nice instrument, but I couldn't get into it... a JJ maybe. Maybe even two soapbars. But not a single one.

10. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Super! Thanks for asking.
    [​IMG]

11. Jimmy P.

Jimmy P.

Apr 5, 2005
    Tokyo, Japan
    That's a beauty! Wonderful choice of colour!