1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is my power supply dead?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by GeneralElectric, Mar 10, 2016.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Aloha

I have an older Voodoo Labs Pedal Power power supply.

Recently at rehearsal, I was getting bad feedback when engaging a EHX Bass Muff. The pedal was unusable. I had just gotten the pedal used and thought that maybe the pedal was a dud. It ended up working fine with a 9V.

Just bought a Mr Black Gilamondo Phaser and I decided to just use my power supply since I didn't feel like digging out my screwdriver to install a 9V. Same problem with horrible blaring feedback. I remembered the problem I had with the Muff and thought maybe the pedal power cable was damaged and I had unluckily grabbed the same bad cable.

Tried all different connector cables, different IEC power cable. Different instrument cables between the amp and guitar. Different power outputs. Nothing. Always the blaring feedback.

I'm hoping there is some simple thing that I'm missing and that this PS isn't now a POS.

2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Bump. Anyone?