Request Is my tab correct? [Bass Riff]

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Skeeter, Sep 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Skeeter

Skeeter

Sep 17, 2017
    Can somebody please verify the accuracy this little bass riff that I tried to transcribe?

The bass riff occurs starts right at the beginning of the song:

It's played on a 5 string, I think? Is he using a pick or only his fingers? Anyway, here's how I would play it:

G-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A---------------------------0--1--1-------------------------------------------------------------------
    E-------------0---3---3---------------1----1-----3---3-------------------------------0-----3----3--
    B---3----3--------------------------------------------------1----1------3-----3----------------------

G-------------------------------2------3----2--------------------------------------------------
    A---0----1--------1---1---1------1----------------3-------------------------------------------
    E---------------------------------------------------------3-----1-------------------------------
    B---------------------------------------------------------------------1------3---repeat--------

Are the notes correct and is he playing them with open strings or is he actually only using fretted notes? I'm not a bassist, so it's tough for me to decide where he might have played it on the fretboard.

2. ChrisDev

ChrisDev Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2009
    Belgium
    Ritter Instruments Team & Owner BassLessons.be
    I'm pretty sure everything is fretted and played fingerstyle. Here's what I have. I added MY left hand fingering. That doesn't mean it has to be played like this
    33w9j5s.png

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  3. Skeeter

Skeeter

Sep 17, 2017
    Thanks for the tab! Just a few quick question: Isn't the third note he plays an E on the 5th instead of an F on the 6th fret of the 5th string? Isn't he playing the last part in the 8th and 6th fret nexus instead of jumping from the 8th to the 3rd fret and then from the 5th to the 1st?

Anyway, thank you so much for your response!

4. ChrisDev

ChrisDev Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2009
    Belgium
    Ritter Instruments Team & Owner BassLessons.be
    I'm pretty sure it's an F, the third of the chord. The tabs and fingerings are a suggestion. You can play this anyway you want

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 26, 2021