Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is my trussrod adjustment stripped?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by tonedeaf, Sep 10, 2003.

1. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Supporting Member

I've had my MIM Jazz Bass for about 3 years now. I've always played with super high action because I like to dig in a lot (probably too much). That brings me to my dilemma. This neck has always had a whole lot of concavity to it, the better to increase the action height. When I finally got decided to straighten it out a little, none of my allen wrenches would fit. I got to looking at the end of the truss rod, and it looks like it might be stripped. Whereas I can clearly see the hex outline on one of my other basses, this one looks like it has been rounded off. I've stared at it and stared at it, but I just can't tell for sure. Does one of these look stripped/rounded off to you? The left pic is my J-Bass, and the other is a Cort Freedom Bass that looks like I think the Jazz should. Call me crazy if I am, please.

[​IMG]

2. I might not be right, but it indeed looks strip to me too. I had a similar problem with a MIM fender fretless jazz bass I bought used, but I was lucky enough to return it for a full refund to the person from who I bought it.