Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is paper fattening?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by hateater, Feb 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I eat a lot of paper. Maybe 2-3 sheets per night. I have no clue what is wrong with me, but I am not stuffing my face with anything bad am I?

Just so ya guys know, I prefer Acid free 84 bright recycled paper.

2. Freak.

3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    that beats eating headwear.

4. or babies.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    what the hell?

Matt, go to a paper mill, you will never want to eat paper again, trust me.

:p

6. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    I heard eating paper can be toxic; they put a lot of chemicals in it to make it white.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I've heard of anorexic girls that eat paper to make themselves feel full. They look pretty healthy so I say why not. (that last bit was sarcasm for the humor impaired)

brad cook

8. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    ...paper...

well speaking from the viewpoint of science student, you eating a lot of cellulose and fiber which your body can't digest...so it may have a rough time on the way out if you catch my drift :smug:

but hey, maybe you'll create the newest diet craze to sweep the nation :p

-jimbo

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah, they bleach the FERMENTED WOOD PULP after it's been pressed and gooed(not really glue...not really goo) together :meh:

10. primesuspect

primesuspect

Feb 11, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    Isn't there an actual disease that makes people want to eat weird things like that? I think mostly pregnant women get it.

They crave things like dirt, clay, soap, laundry detergent, paper, and baking soda...

Oh yeah, the disease is called Pica.

It's a legitimate eating disorder.

11. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    if you eat paper on a reguar basis, i'd say that you have more to worry about than whether it is fattening or not...

12. i know some people that eat alot weirder things than u. hey, whatever doesn't kill you makes u stronger right?

13. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Hmmmm.... I don't eat paper because I like it, or because I am on a diet. I eat it because i have some odd oral fixation. Ever since I quit smoking, I have been eating more. I will let you guys know when i grow a third nipple from eating too much paper.

14. odie

odie Supporting Member

On that note.......................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.