1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

is Pavel bass still selling Bass? I'm waiting over 3 years

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ultrakang, May 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ultrakang

ultrakang

Feb 8, 2008
    Hello, TalkBass folks.

I'm Changyong, Kang.( my friend uploaded same posting ) I'm the president of Riding Bass Korea company(www.ridinbass.com). Riding Bass is a distributor of several companies and onlin music store in South Korea. I'm writing this posting to tell you about my unfair situation. I really need your help and advise.

I've been working with "Elrick" and I've sold their Bass guitar to Korea since 2012. After that, I've got contract as a distributor with "Sandberg," "Marleuax,"(in Germany) "Sourceaudio," "Gruvgear" (in U.S.). Recently, my business grows up and works with "Mattisson" from Sweden, and "Vanderkley" from Netherlands. But I've got an unexpected problem. That is "Pavel Musical Instruments," located 2515 Weaver St, Ste F Haltom City, TX.

April 17th, 2013, I ordered three bass guitars from Pavel. I deposited $5662.50 for them and he promised to make bass guitars within 6 months. This amount ($5662.50) is half price of the three bass guitars. And Pavel asked me 6 months to complete the bass guitars. That was our agreement and contract.

What happen to me? I got nothing!
    Since then, he never shipped my bass guitars until now. he never sent me any pictures of complete bass guitar that I ordered. He lied so many times to me. He still sells his instrument at this time.

I wrote a posting about this issue on TalkBass forum two years ago. Pavel begged me to remove my posting, and he promised to make my bass guitars right that time. So, I gave him one more chance, but now I got nothing from him. That is two years ago.

I contacted a lawyer with this issue, then I sent a warning letter to Pavel on March 9th, 2016. He promised again to make my bass guitars until April 15th, 2016. Well, he sent Facebook message to ask about my order spec sheet. He did not have any pictures of my bass guitars. Even he didn’t remember my orders. I sent some message several times via Facebook, but he ignored me. He did not answer anything yet.

Now, I just want my money back. I DO NOT want his instruments, the liar's bass guitar. I would like to get full refund, $5662.50 from Pavel. I will never make any business with Pavel. How can I trust him and his instrument?

Please read my posting and have keep look at my issue. I will update it.
    If you have a chance, please contact Pavel for refund to "ridingbass" form Korea. Please help me. Of course, I know I can sue through a lawyer. But it takes a lot of time and money too. Because this, I need your help. Please, American bass players, please help me.

I'm posting some pictures also to proof my situation. I still have all the conversation via email Facebook. Here are my orders, and bank wire transfer detail. These are homepage of the companies that I work with as a distributor. My company is still on Pavel's web page.

http://www.pavelmi.com/dealers.html

http://www.sandberg-guitars.de/sandberg-retailer

http://www.marleaux-bass.com/marleaux_dealer.html

http://www.sourceaudio.net/purchasing_info/asia_australia.php

http://www.gruvgear.com/resellers

http://www.vanderkleyamp.nl/dealers/

Attached Files:

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    My advice: get a lawyer

There's not much to gain from posting on the internet about your situation.

alembicguy likes this.
  3. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    Agreed

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Actually to add to that, you really only can lose by Pavel starting a countersuit accusing you of libel, if anything you (or someone else) say in a thread that you started about them isn't true

5. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    If he put a deposit down 3 years ago and has no bases pavel has no libel case.

6. I just looked on Pavel's web site. And saw this posted on it. Have you called him directly? (817) 999-5928 Are you sure you sent the money to the right guy.

COUNTERFEIT ALERT! The following site is not an authorised Pavel site, but a counterfeit operating out of mexico - Zenith Custom Works. Please note this if you are thinking of ordering a Pavel. www.pavelmi.com is the official home of Pavel Musical Instruments and authorized dealers can be found on the DEALERS page. Thanks for your ongoing support!

7. Fabien Prevost

Fabien Prevost

Jun 30, 2018
    P

8. Fabien Prevost

Fabien Prevost

Jun 30, 2018
    Pavel is a crook. Everybody knows it! I ordered a bass 10 years ago and have lost 3000$ on deposit without ever receiving the bass. 10 years! Welcome to the very large club of people who got stolen by Pavel de la Fuente

nonohmic likes this.
  9. dddd0f36e8d8effff3f4eb379919473b.

10. Jose Bustos Jr

Jose Bustos Jr

Apr 5, 2018
    I just found this thread and I was wondering if I should order a bass from pavel... well damn

11. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    GHS Strings
    Last time a I talked to him(about 2 years ago), he had taken a day job and was getting out of bass making altogether and was trying to work through back orders. Talented guy but, IMO, needed someone to answer phones and generally handle the business side. I used to go to his shop all the time and he got calls and emails non stop and he answered every one. I ordered a few basses from him and each one took 2+years to complete and I lived around the corner from his shop. I know his Dad’s passing took a big toll on him and I know his son was in a very severe dirt bike accident. Not trying to make excuses but you could tell he was always stressed and I think running a business just wasn’t in his wheelhouse. He makes a hell of a bass though when he’s focused.

12. perfektspace6

perfektspace6

May 9, 2006
    Maryland
    I am sorry to hear about the problems (to say the least) people have had in dealing with Pavel. I have one of his older Macabee basses and it is outstanding. Basically, a classic Tobias styled 6 with a great neck and beautiful woods. It sounds like when he had he act together he made great basses and when he didn't...he failed to deliver and has ruined his name. Shame. He had the artistry to make this a full time gig but clearly not the business acumen.

Adam Wright likes this.
  13. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    God rest your soul. Amen.