1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

is Pino Palladino accompanying John Mayer in his Battle Studies tour?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by pmaraziti, Mar 24, 2010.

1. pmaraziti

pmaraziti Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    All,

I have the possibility to assist to a show ot John Mayer in Spain. Much of my interest through would be on seeing Pino on stage with him. Do you know if they're toruing together for the Battle Studies shows?

Thanks in advance, Paolo

2. Splanky

Splanky

Jun 10, 2002
    Gothenburg Sweden
    Most probably Sean Hurley instead of Pino.

3. I'm pretty sure its Sean Hurley playing with him right now as well...

4. turcmic

turcmic Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Montreal, QC
    Saw the show in February. Sean Hurley was on bass. The man can definitely play :smug:

Also, there is a guy named Steve Jordan on the drums. Don't know if you know who he is :bag:

It was a great show (I still can feel the bass drum!)

5. pmaraziti

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    Thanks all! yes.... Steve is already a good reason to go ! but I'd have loved to see Pino there as well...

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    when john mayer got onstage with his black bandmates gathered around him holding hands and cried and apologized about saying something dumb about hanging out with black people in an interview, i lost all respect for him. he should have apologized for trying to be funny and failing, but not for the mere use of a certain word in the context of a really dumb question he was asked. it really wasn't racist at all. yet there he was onstage making some big stink about it with his bandmates and crying like a baby. douche. YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN!!!

oh, i seem to have gotten off topic. sorry. ya, pino...good bassist. i'd rather see him elsewhere, though.

7. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    I'd go to a John Mayer show to get laid, not to check out the bassist.

8. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA
    Actually, seeing Sean Hurley behind Mayer is well worth the price of admission. He's NO WORSE than Pino. And there's nothin' quite like a slab-board '60 P-Bass with La Bellas through a vintage SVT, IMO...

9. pmaraziti

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    well, Mr S.H. will be checked out in detail next June 4th :)

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 23, 2020