1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is Playing "Money" On Bass In A Music Shop The Equivalent Of Playing "Stairway" On Guitar

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by TDPRI Bones, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Isn't it:

Bom bim bu boom
    Bum bum bum bum
    Bom bim bu boom

2. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    i noodle.

3. The GC I go to is just down the mall from the pet food store where I buy my cats food. I frequently stop in after stocking up.
    I play a riff I got out of a book. I'm sure it's a killer riff.

I hope playing a killer riff in Guitar Center with a bag of cat food doesn't spoil my chance of being discovered. You never know who might walk in.

Eyesee7 likes this.
  4. danesdad

danesdad

Feb 24, 2018
    Western PA
    Blood and Roses- tremendous choice.

5. danesdad

danesdad

Feb 24, 2018
    Western PA
    I don't go to GC often and have never bought an instrument there, but I will occasionally try something that looks appealing. When I do, my go to songs are: "The theme from the Munsters" (the first season, when the bass played the melody-in later seasons, that part is played on guitar with a wah) or "In the hall of the mountain King". Both use all the strings (the way I play them). I don't play loud because I'm not there to impress but just to get a feel for the instrument.

jugglingfreak likes this.
  6. danesdad

danesdad

Feb 24, 2018
    Western PA
    I LOVE the term, "Slap Massacre"! Can I have your permission to use that?