1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is Rocker Guitars (San Fran) good at setup?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Adam Bomb, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Mar 26, 2008
    Bezerkely, CA
    WARNING: Total noob content

Just picked up a Squier P-bass at GC as a backup. It's fine, but it has a couple of issues that I suspect can be addressed by this thing you guys refer to as "setup". (I bought my only other electric bass from a guy who also works on them, and I've never changed it at all.)

Biggest issue is that the frets kind of buzz a little. Especially the higher frets.

The most convenient place for me to take my Squier for setup would be Rocker Guitars in SF. Based on how playable the basses they sell are, it seems like they would do a good job. Anybody have any experience with them, positive or otherwise?

BTW, I have been lurking around, doing searches and reading stickies and such. I'm still not clear on my situation.

Thank you!

--Bomb :bassist:

2. Apt403

Apt403

Aug 12, 2008
    Redding California
    I can't say for sure, but I bought my current amp from them a while back, they all seem like pretty knowledgable guys.

Plus it's one of the few shops in SF, aside from Guitar Center, and I wouldn't bring a bass in there if they paid me...

There's also this place in San Rafel, probably 15-20 minutes away from San Fran called Bananas At Large. I've been going there for years, top notch place.

3. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Mar 26, 2008
    Bezerkely, CA
    Thanks!

--Bomb :bassist: