1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is Sweetwater high?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassgod76, Oct 26, 2009.

1. bassgod76

bassgod76 bass turd burglar

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That's the price Jaguars were up until recently. Sweetwater may not have gotten to lowering the price on their website yet.

3. bassgod76

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    Yeah, Best Buy didn't update their prices either. I would never pay that much for a Jag bass.

4. I bet if you contacted Sweetwater with proof of a lower price elsewhere, they'd match it for ya.

5. bassgod76

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    They don't offer it in SB or Oly white. Too bad. Plus GC is offering $50 off purchase.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Not quite as good as the $120 off you can get at MF right now...

7. bassgod76

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    Can you send me the link for this offer? I can't find it.

8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Sweetwater makes a really big deal about their sales reps being able to help you out more than the other mail-order companies; their higher prices allow them to "cut you a really sweet deal" so you feel like you got a big discount, even though you just paid the same price as you'd get from MF.

9. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    You want to run that by me? I don't find it. I'd consider one of these for $480, which is a just a little less than the $499 that they went for a year back.

Thanks!

10. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It's a call-in only code: OCT20% 20% off for October, so it's only good until Saturday.

And then the sales rep calls you year round. I bought a $200 mixer and then got sales calls from the rep like once a month for a year :rolleyes:

11. I ordered a RockStand from Sweetwater, and I've received a couple calls/e-mails from them. So far, it hasn't been annoying, and they know I'm happy with my purchase. I really hope I don't keep getting calls from them...

12. RFord04

RFord04

Apr 8, 2009
    Flint, Michigan
    Personally, I've gotten quite a few good deals from Sweetwater, and their shipping is always free, and they're fast. Most of their prices are just as low as MF or GC to begin with anyways. They also assign you a personal sales rep who you deal with every time you call, and the guy I deal with is actually quite helpful and knowledgable in comparison to the morons I usually encounter over the phone with MF.

I'm sure they'll give you the same price on the Jag as anyone else will if you call. They haven't been this cheap for very long.

13. RFord04

RFord04

Apr 8, 2009
    Flint, Michigan
    My rep called me once after a purchase, and that was it.

14. shaboda

shaboda

Apr 14, 2002
    I always thought Sweetwater was HIGH for offering their HIGH prices.

15. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I still get emails from "my rep" every few months even though I haven't bought anything from them in at least four years. They called me several times within the first year.

16. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I just called, and rather to my surprise, it IS good on Fender gear.

17. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    Yep. I bought a 62 ri jazz in "used" condition for a total of $1055. I could only find one tiny mark on it after searching for a while. I love it. A great deal IMO!

18. shaboda

shaboda

Apr 14, 2002
    their prices are so high they should call the company 'bongwater'

..sorry..

19. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Dude!!!! I know:scowl:
    I bought a $10 single rack space cover...... online. Before the order was even sent out, a "sales engineer" began stalking me for days. Even now, I get a call about every other month to just make sure I don't need anything else:meh:

20. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    I've bought stuff from all the main online sites and compare prices on everything. Sweetwater tends to get about 1/2 my business. I tend to call them with questions or thoughts more than I ever get called by them. Of course, I've told them 'don't call me, I'll call you'.

Never hurts to tell a company not to call you if they do. If you don't tell them... no room to complain really.