Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is TB haunted?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jobu3, Jan 17, 2004.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    If you go into the BG AMPS forum, you'll see my old thread about Aguilar vs. Epifani 410's (I now have an Epi 310 BTW so you know how I have decided in the end). But if you look, jokerjkny is the last poster (his post was in June) and it has mysteriously been bumped up to the top... This is not the first time this has happened to one my threads. It disappears and then reappears apparently on it's own and not at the at the hand of a visible poster. In fact, it happened several times over a few months to one SVP-Pro thread I have partaken in... So, is it a glitch in the system or phantom of the forum?
    :eek: :confused: :D

2. That thread looks alright to me, all the dates match up and the like. I'm confused!:confused:

Aren't all the posts in June?

3. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Except that it is now on the first page of the AMPS forum with that being the last post...

4. Aha I getcha now. I was only looking within the thread in the link, not the whole Amps forum, as I thought you meant his last post was at the top of the thread, sorry. Em, yep, your computer's haunted! Good luck!

It's not ghosts? Aw...:(

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

Yet another "ghost story" debunked!

:D

...I love a good explaination for "supernatural" stuff...usually is one, too.

;)

6. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Really? I didn't think that bumped them to the top... you learn something new every day! THere goes my theory that the interent is the perfect medium for specters (spectors?)... :eek: :D

7. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Good thing it is my brother's computer! :spit:

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Eitther that or there's a major coverup.;)

That's right, go back to your daily posting. Nothing out of the ordinary is going on. Everything is under control.

The truth is out there.

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    If you say "Tabcrawler" three times while looking into a mirror, the ghost of Chris Fitzgerald appears and hits you.
    It hurts. :(

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    And he would've gotten away with it, if it wasn't for that meddling Josh!

11. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    One of my pet peeves.

Someone posts a poll about which bass to buy, and the thread follows the natural course then dies off. A year later, a newbie is surfing the board looking for any keyword matches to, say, a bass he/she owns, and finds the poll. He/she votes, despite the fact the original poster bought the bass months/years ago, doesn't come to TB any more, or is dead! Arrrgh!

Please, people - put a time limit on your polls!

12. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    There was this mysterious issue once though, where more recent posts in a thread would get the wrong timestamp and appear before the older ones. It was kind of weird to read the reply before the question, and I was pretty confused before I knew what was going on. (IIRC, this was caused by either a software upgrade or an improperly configured new server.)

13. That doesn't explain the time the "Show Your Basses MEGATHREAD" went missing...and the re-appeared. And yes, I did search for it with no luck!

14. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Actually, he kneed me in the groin.

15. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    He didn't want to damage anything vital...

16. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    zzzzing.

17. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    At least give the newbie credit for using the search function.

Do we have that option? Being I've never created a poll, I wouldnt know.

18. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Okay, maybe there's no ghosts, but we may need to get Scully & Mulder over here to find some gremlins. Even though my profile shows that I have elected NOT to receive email notification to threads that I post in, I get 'em by the boatload. I also DON'T get MyTalkbass updates to threads I've posted in. Gotta be gremlins.

Peace,

James

19. I definitely wouldnt mind having scully commin over to show me where the truth is. :D ;)