is that rickenbacker guy on? i got a question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kitcar765, Feb 8, 2006.

1. i heard that the rickenbacker guy uses this forum, owner of the company or something, i ordered a bass after the 10th of january this year, it should be comming april sometime (cant wait!) i have just been having a look at rickenbackers site and they say that all basses made in 2006 will have the new vintage tone selector, will my bass have this new feature? im hopeing it will, or is there a chance i would get a bass made before this feature was added? i orderd my bass from what do you think? anyone got any thoughts?
  2. sublimate

Jan 12, 2006
    It should unless your local dealer has had it sitting in a warehouse for a while. Even some of the basses that shipped near the end of last year had it.

Not sure how often he (John Hall, the CEO of Rickenbacker) is on this forum, but there's a forum on the Rickenbacker site and another at that he's on regularly.
  3. i hope it does, it will be like getting 2 basses for the price of one! a 4003 and a 4001!. i think this is a great extra, rickenbacker rock!
  4. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    I read somewhere that they started that in december 2005, I just bought one that was made in the 39th week and it did not. Also if you bought the right finish you will more than likely have walnut wings on the headstock, IE fireglo.
  5. has anyone tried the vintage tone pull on the new ricks yet?
  6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

That place is just down the road from me ! :)

But they do leave thing lying in warehouses for years - basses aren't imported that often from the US!