1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is the Acoustic B200H/B115 good for effects pedal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LeeREX_Bassist, Apr 21, 2010.

1. LeeREX_Bassist

LeeREX_Bassist Guest

Nov 26, 2009
    West Jordan, UT
    I have an Acoustic B200H Head with the B115 Cab, and I want to start adding some cool effects to my bass playing.

Basically, all I want is kind of a distortion, like Cliff Burtons(Metallica), A way most likely the Morely Bass Wah, and A Chorus effect.

Does, anyone know if my amp and cab will be able to handle and/or sound good/right with effects? I was told by a guy in GC that, that amp isn't necessarily designed for effects.

2. 5port

5port

Oct 14, 2009
    LI,new yawk
    I own the B115 and I would agree that between the two acoustic bottoms the 4X10 is the better one for effects. Its full range where the B115 acts more like a sub.

3. becker4567

becker4567

Jul 26, 2008
    Why not? As long as you don't turn it up to 11 and blow the speaker, it should do just fine. I have the suspicion the guy at GC would have liked to sell you something nice and expensive!

4. LeeREX_Bassist

LeeREX_Bassist Guest

Nov 26, 2009
    West Jordan, UT
    Well, I am planning to by the 410. So your saying it really has nothing to do with my had, and more to do with my cab?

5. I have the Acoustic B-450/600 Watt Combo w/210+Piezzo, the B-115+Piezzo cab and a B-410+Piezzo cab.

I can feed my effects through them all or individually - but frankly the B-115 is a little boomier than the B-410 and cannot follow the tone as well. I use the B-115 as my sub-woofie and typically I don't use any effects, but at home I play with them, just a little, especially the DOD Flashback Fuzz FX66.

I'll let you know when the new Acoustic B-810 gets here (ordered yesterday) as to whether it's more or less capable - and then I can make some real noise.

But yeah - 10's are a lot more compliant at higher freqs IMO and odd or harsh electronic signals leaving the B-115 to be a lot happier just growling on the bottom.

6. 5port

5port

Oct 14, 2009
    LI,new yawk
    Do a search on the board. Those two Acoustic heads are getting good reviews (200H and 600H). Any speaker will work but the 4X10 will work better for your purpose.

7. Toptube

Toptube Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2009
    the b115 sounds pretty good with some fuzz from my ibanez phat head. The overdrive isn't bad at lower settings. Cranking it though can be too much for the cab, as the phat hed pedal nearly completely preserves the low end along with effect. I think for overdrive it would do well to pair with at least one 10, if not two or more.

It depends on your bass, too. All of my basses sound very different through the pedal. But overall fuzz is better on the b115.

8. LeeREX_Bassist

LeeREX_Bassist Guest

Nov 26, 2009
    West Jordan, UT

So would the The Pie Big Muff bass pedal be a good pedal for my 115, thats the pedal I was looking at?