1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is the Aguilar SL212 louder than the SL410x?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Maynjo, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Maynjo

Maynjo Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Jacksonville, NC
    As the title says, I'm looking for a one cabinet set up that would be able to handle any practice or small gig I would possibly need it for. I have an AG 700 and I'm strongly considering either a 4 ohm sl410x or the sl212. I know it doesn't necessarily translate to more volume, but the sl212's rated sensitivity is 102.9 db 1w/1m, and the sl410x is 100.3 db 1w/1m. I previously had an Avatar 212 neo, and a 410 neo, and the 410 was considerably louder than the 212. Does anybody have experience with both cabs that could say which one seemed louder or whether they're about equal? I really like the way 410's sound, but I don't like the way that they beam. I know I don't need to match cab brands with head brands, but I really like the way the Aguilar SL series looks. Thanks for any info you can give me.

midichlorine likes this.
  2. midichlorine

midichlorine Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2005
    sl410 is a killer cab and a little louder.
    the 212 sounds great just not as great as the 410 with my p bass.
    212 shines with my jazz bass but the ag700 sl410 combo is hard to beat

Maynjo likes this.
  3. ahc

ahc

Jul 31, 2009
    No. Virginia
    Two 410's that don't beam are the Genzler 410 Bass Array and the Barefaced Four 10.

4. Maynjo

Maynjo Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Jacksonville, NC
    I was pretty interested in the barefaced, but it doesn't have a tweeter and the specs say that the drivers are specifically "colored", which is not really what I'm looking for.

5. ahc

ahc

Jul 31, 2009
    No. Virginia
    Then check out the Genzler made by Jeff Genzler... the GENZ of Genz Benz. Light weight, lots of power handling and great dispersion from the array. I've got a Barefaced One 10 which is 1/4 of a Four 10 and it's colored deliciously.

6. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
  7. Maynjo

Maynjo Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Jacksonville, NC