Is the Ampeg SVT-610HLF pretty portable??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by philthygeezer, Feb 18, 2004.

1. philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Seems like being taller and only slightly heavier than the 410HLF might help in moving this thing around.

Do you find this one any harder to move around than a 60-80lb 2x10 combo, or does the bar and casters help move the thing really easily?

Is a two cab 1x15+2x10 setup easier to move around?

Is the 410HLF an ungainly pig?
  2. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I had one for awhile and it is easy to move around until you have to go up or down stairs. I think in most ways easier than a 15/210 because there is more rolling and less lifting.
  3. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    The 610" may be a bit to load into the bed of a truck by yourself, but it's possible.

I don't think the 410HLF is an ungainly pig, I've read many posts from players who love their tone. IMHO the most important thing is which cab sounds best to you.

I own 2 Ampeg BXT410HL cabs. They each weigh 122 lbs. I grunt and groan while loading them into my truck, but once I start playing through them, I have no regrets.

Yes the casters really help, but I bought a handtruck that converts into a cart from Home Depot. I can move a cab, my rack, gig bag, and bass in one trip. As cb56 said, stairs are a hassle, but my bandmates will help me when I need it.
  4. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    actually loading the 610hlf into my chevy S10 was easy. the tailgate hit it about halfway so all I had to do was tilt it back instead of lifting , it practically loaded itself. The 410 would probably have to be lifted up.
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I haul 2 of the 410HLF's around regularly. I have a lifted pickup, but even so, I don't have much trouble lifting them into the back of it. Can't comment on the 610, but I can't imagine it would be too tough to handle.
  6. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I find a 210/115 setup easier to move around only because I cant get the 410 HLF in my car! Its a backup/emergency/ultra huge venue cab for me. I had to move the 410 a few times and its not too bad once you get used to it. Actually to address the point of your question, I would say that the 610 would be easier to roll around on the tilt-back casters because of the additional height where with the 410 I have to bend over to roll it around.
  7. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    I thought it was very easy to handle. I lifted it in to my Suburban from my basement many times without a problem.