is the bass pod xt "faster" then the old pod

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by contrabassie, Jun 1, 2005.

1. contrabassie

Mar 11, 2003
    I have a bass pod (not an xt - the old version, bought it second hand) since last year and bought an FB4 floorboard since a few weeks.

When switching with the floorboard there is sometimes a real gap, it's not always reacting fast and sometimes that's frustrating (certainly in live-situations :meh: )

Does the bass pod xt have the same problem as the older version of the bass pod? I'm considering to buy a bass pod xt live.
  2. theschnitt

theschnitt Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    It is much faster. I switched from the original Pod w/ the FB4 to the XT w/ the shortboard about 3 months ago. The new setup is great, it works well live. Be aware, though, that the FB4 does NOT work w/ the Pod XT, so you'll need to buy the shortboard as well if you want to be able to change settings with your feet.

Have fun!
  3. Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    I just bought the guitar PODxt Live and haven't noticed any lag when switching patches. The Bass PODxt Live is supposed to come out the end of this month. I have a feeling that I'll be picking one of those up too.
  4. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    The guitarist in the praise band i play with has a PODXT Live for guitar also. That thing sounds amazing-he's also playing the Line 6 Variax Guitar. The sounds he gets are amazing. That makes me really wish they made the Variax bass in 5.

The original question..

I too, own an original POD pro and have the big floorboard thingy for it. I like it-am interested in the XTLive though too.
  5. contrabassie

Mar 11, 2003
    and is there a lag when switching patches on your floorboard, or is this only a problem of the pod-bean that doesn't occur when using a pod pro?
  6. PhilMan99

Jul 18, 2003
    US, Maryland
    I've got the Bass PODxt. There does not seem to be any lag when pressing the 4 buttons on the front-panel to switch between patches in a bank. I doubt the floor-board would add lag.
  7. yes, the 4-knob floorboard does have a delay...
  8. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    I've got the POD XT (bean version) and the FBV4 footswtich. No lag when changing patches. I don't think there really isn't much difference between the bean and the pro model other than additional outputs (XLR and Digital), a input pad, an effects loop, and about $400 so you can have the word "pro" on it.
  9. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Isn't the Pro rackmountable?
  10. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    Yes it is, sorry I left that one out.
  11. I have the old pod w/ floor board and only notice a lag switching off the tuner. Every thing else switches quickly.
    Maybe your cable is bad.
  12. contrabassie

Mar 11, 2003
    What kind of floor board are you using?