Is the Bizkit done?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    This is from the SF Chronicle. Are the fans over them? Sure looks like it.

When it comes to heavy metal, Metallica is the gold standard

Joel Selvin, Chronicle Senior Pop Music Critic Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Metallica rules. Even headlining a daylong extravaganza with today's top nu-metal groups, bands that undoubtedly started out jamming on old Metallica licks, the program seemed like little more than one long tribute to Metallica.

"You came to see Metallica, didn't you," shouted Fred Durst of supporting act Limp Bizkit at 3Com Park on Sunday. "Well, so did I."

Durst and his band kicked around a few of those Metallica licks they probably first learned way back in the mid-'90s, the giant video displays behind them flashing "Metallica Is the S--."

But even such flagrant patronizing wouldn't win over the partisan crowd that had been pelting Durst with a shower of plastic beer bottles and other debris since he got onstage. Durst and company, modernists who combine such contemporary elements as a turntablist and rap in their brand of heavy metal, beat a hasty retreat and cut their set short at less than an hour to make way for the heroes of the day.
  2. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I sure hope so...
  3. Yeah, took the words right out of my mouth. Or fingers.
  4. I can't believe they're still a band...I mean. They should just give it up. Wes was a cool guy , and ever since he quit...Limp has gotten limper than it has before. Same with Guns N' Roses...they suck. Just stop!

5. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    More importantly, Wes is doing a project with Danny Lohner, Josh Freese, and Maynard James Keenan for the vampire movie Underworld. The soundtrack features a lot of stuff from other people I highly regard.
  6. just how many Limp Bizkit/Fred Durst topics have you started, Woodchuck?

why the obsession- did you miss out on getting the bass spot with the band?:p:D
  7. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I was kinda thinking the same thing.
  8. I hope they are done. Then Woodchuck can stop making topics about them:D
  9. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Nope, it's not my brand of vodka. However, I think it's mindboggling that a band that you guys worshipped, are now being pelted with rocks and garbage, and I just wondered why. Do y'all think that they sold out or something?
  10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I did it all for the money yeah the money yeah the money, so you can take that money and stick it in my wallet stick it in my wallet stick it in my wallet!
  11. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......oh god *wipes tears out of eyes* :bawl: Thats the funniest thing I've heard all week.:D :p
  12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Durst is trying to be the new Iggy Pop with all the throwing of things onstage and all that.
  13. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Beer cans and stuff?

maybe he's looking for a future position as powerful electro magnet :p
  14. he could be using all the stuff thrown onstage as filler to expand the 2 singles to a full album like is usually the case on a Limp Bizkit album :rolleyes:
  15. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    well DUH! :rolleyes: :D
  16. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    The first LB album (3 dollar bill, Y'ALL!) wasn't too bad, even I have to admit. Counterfeit has the best bassline I've ever heard from em. But after that, the quality really fell. So I stopped listening...

Dream Theater's so much better anyway!:D:bassist:
  17. Worshipped them? Hell I despise them much less worship them. I bought their first CD when I was like 12, because that was the cool thing to do. And they sold out long before they were even a band. I hope someone hits durst with an anvil one day, put an end to all our pains.
  18. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Ah, the ceremonial leap off of the bandwagon! :D
  19. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002

and this is why they're no more... "bought their 1st album when I was 12" - and that was what 5 years ago (I checked your profile). Basically their audience ) has grown up!!!
    Not saying that you were a fan, heck I bought an album too to see what all the fuss was about.

MAN, I FEEL OLD!!!

Personally, I think they're total sh!t and alwyas have been. Fred Durst "sings" like child having a tantrum, and I cant abide grown men singing about their mummy and daddy's divorce or their maths homework. It's pathetic.
    Also, the turntable work is nothing short of uninspired crap as well, there's more talented hip hop DJs in my street.

As The Darkness (I'm no fan, but they are the best piss taking band in the media for ages) said:
    "We hate the arrogance of all these bands who think their petty emotions are intersting"

Let me ask this: How should you react to a 30 year old man who tries to relate to teenage boys by talking about his mummy and daddy's divorce?