1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

is the BOSS ME-50B going to be better than

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sk8, Jun 13, 2007.

1. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    my marshall compressor, regenerator and echohead effects?

I have a Daphon overdrive pedal thats had a monte allums mod done to sound like a tubescreamer and a cry baby wah

These were bought primarily for my guitar but i'm using them on bass at the mo.

I find the chorus okay but the flangers is pants. Compressor okay.

As i've bought budget pedals anyhoo will the BOSS SE-50B exceed these?

Or can you recommend a Multifx unit for bass. I'm not sure about the line 6 stuff and i've always liked boss.

Thanks in advance

2. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    no one got any opinions :confused:

3. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Well, it's really up to your own opinions. I used to use a Boss GT-6B which had essentially the same effects, and it worked great for me.

Try searching around for Zoom B2.1u, Korg Toneworks (AX3B, AX5B, etc.), Boss ME-50B and GT-6B, Line 6 PODs, and any other multieffect unit you can find. Should be plenty of info for ya. ;-D

4. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    thanks for the reply

Tried out a lowdown and wasn't too impressed so i think i'll give Line 6 a miss

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021