1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is the "Club" Thing a bit Overdone??? :)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by R Briere, Nov 4, 2013.

1. R Briere

R Briere Bass-ically Yours Gold Supporting Member

If not...and with ALL Due Respect for Every "Club Member" EVER to Live..I'd like to Start a Club for "Bassists Who Stick Their Faces Directly in their Food Bowl While Eating Frosted Flakes with Their Left Foot and Using a Tuner from a 68 Jazz Bass as an Eating Utensil"

K.....Who's In? :)

Attached Files:

2. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011
    In. Can I have a number?

3. I'll have a number as well.

4. R Briere

Roscoe..You were here first so you get #247. Veldar......You get #1012. The other clubs will FREAK when they see that we're only a day old and we've already hit #1012. Marketing is Everything!

Attached Files:

5. Damn!
    # please!

6. R Briere

Rama....I like that name but we have to keep it believable.....#1547. Your laminated Back Stages Passes and 8x10 Glossies are in the Mail. ..... along with 5 Frosted Flakes Box Tops and two sets of broken bass strings. We Rock!!!!

7. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Other than the '68 Jazz, that's totally me. It's like you watch me eat or something! Stop stalking me!

So, even though mine is a Fender Roscoe Beck Signature V (everybody knows the B string tuner is the best to eat with), can I get some sort of honorable mention membership..... like with an asterisk or something? Please?

And stop watching me..... :bag:

8. Do I need pics to be in?

9. Al Florenzo

Al Florenzo

Sep 19, 2011
    I'm in, but ONLY if I can be number tea kettle

10. The whole club thing is definitely overdone - but this changes everything.

11. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, but I do it with my RIGHT foot... gonna have to start my own club.

12. kikstand454

kikstand454

Sep 28, 2012
    I'm in.

This would be my first club I believe.

I like to look for the slightly burned flake......there's one in every bowl.

13. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio

How does one manage to stick their face into a bowl AND their left foot? That would require being double-jointed, no? Or is my left foot kicking my head and thus forcing my head into the bowl?

:D

14. I'm going to start a Don Kelley club (that's me by the way).

Then I can rave about the latest thing I experienced and then I can reply to myself and point out how wrong I am and how I need fancy colors and fender still wins over fodera except in Brazil on Thursdays and how active is superior to passive unless you want to sound passive and. ...

So the same old rhetoric :)

And the usual non club members will come in and think its about Don Duck Dunn instead of me and confusion will continue with heated debate.

15. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    Are there any pictures that Don Kelley and Donald Duck Dunn in the same room at the same time? No? Well then, you lack proof that you are not Donald Duck Dunn!

Spurious logic and spurious. :)

16. not a fan of club threads...i like that there is a lot of consolidated info, but all of the off-topic and three word posts to see how many posts i can get in a particular thread is numbing...especially when you're slogging through upwards of one thousand parts of a thread to find something...assigning numbers? don't get it...the lost benefit is when folks sell club related gear in the club thread and it never makes it to the classifieds

17. Wait. ... so you're saying I might not not be Donald Duck Dunn? Damn. .... I had no idea.

Btw.... no disrespect intended by my little joke to the memory of one of the legends. .... mr. Dunn.

18. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    No. Sometimes we need answers from someone who knows first hand.

19. R Briere

I didn't mean to offend anyone who belongs to a "Club" (that's a lie, I did).....but I'd never belong to a club who'd have me for a Member.......with the exception of ONE! :)

Bass-ically Yours,
    Rich

Attached Files:

20. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    I'm in the no Homer's club