1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is the DI on an Eden WT800B post preamp tube?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by OrangeSun, Apr 13, 2009.

1. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I think my preamp tube my have gone in my eden wt800b, but the last time I checked the signal from the DI was very clean. Is the DI signal post preamp tube? I would imagine if it was that I would hear it off the DI.

2. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I would assume that it is post pre amp tube. I cant' say for certain though.
    It is my understanding that if the pre-amp tube "goes" then you will get distortion and output will drop off dramatically (from my WT-550 manual "...Tube life of several years is not at all uncommon. Symptoms of tube failure include signal loss, distortion, and increased noise..) Hopefully someone with better understanding and knowledge chimes in.

3. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Yea all I'm getting is the increased noise...I definitely still have the power. I'm guessing that since the tube is only preamp if it didn't go completely bad it would just be noisier. But also i replaced the original ruby with an EH tube that might be more noisy in general.

4. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Yes, the stock WT-XXX DI is after the pre-amp tube. It's after the whole pre-amp, the Enhance, and the whole EQ bank too.

jte